The COVID-19 outbreak has sent shockwaves into businesses throughout the world. ERP systems help businesses of all sizes in any economic environment. However, the need for them has never been higher than during the pandemic.
For those businesses hoping to move forward quickly during the COVID-19 recovery, here are some things you should know:
If you haven’t started to implement an ERP solution, it’s not too late.
Some manufacturing firms are writing off 2020 and are setting goals for next year. But rest assured that all hope for 2020 is not lost. You can get back on track, meet this year’s goals, and put together a meaningful plan for 2021.
Implementing enterprise resource planning has been on the agenda of many organizations as they worked on their digital transformation plans before the virus. Now, companies are re-starting the ERP implementation process so they can deal with a workforce that is disbursed among several locations: out in the field, at home, and in the office.
Smart businesses that are balancing their short-term and long-term goals with their recovery from COVID-19 using the essential elements of an ERP solution.
Why is ERP so crucial for getting back on track?
The main reason that businesses should be implementing ERP solutions is to improve all of their processes. The software provides decisionmakers with reports and analysis at every level, thanks to centralized data that brings together information from all departments with real-time accuracy. By automating many of the time-consuming data entry tasks, ERP can also free up employees to do meaningful work aimed at business recovery.
ERP will increase your visibility into weakened supply chains
No one has to remind you that the outbreak has disrupted your supply chains. It’s arguably the most significant issue that the pandemic has created for manufacturers. Managers must have complete visibility and instant access to essential data to manage their supply chains and keep business operations running as close to normal as possible. An ERP system enables you to access the information you need, when you need it, helping you prevent your supply chain from becoming a hurdle in the flow of your business.
ERP will improve your processes so you can move forward quickly
Manufacturers can manage every one of their processes with an ERP software solution.
- Inventory and supply chain
- Tracking and measuring to prevent “stock-outs,” view purchase requirements, and manage the flow from the manufacturers to shipping
- Production planning
- Accurate automatic planning and the flexibility to edit and update your schedule quickly and easily
- Sales management
- CRM modules allow seamless interactions with customers that include sending quotes and invoices, confirming orders, and using data to initiate personalized marketing campaigns
- Human resources
- Employee databases, payroll information, shop floor reporting, performance, and timesheets are all examples of HR tasks that an ERP system can handle efficiently
- Monitor cash flow, profit/loss, and balance sheets in real-time. Also, schedule reports on them to stay on track with COVID recovery
To install ERP software, migrate the data, configure, deploy, and maintain the system, it pays to get a partner to assist with the choosing and implementing, or upgrading your ERP. If you’re ready to take a step toward transforming your business with an ERP, please get in touch through our online contact form, call 412-562-9660, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.