Decision Resources knows the aerospace and defense industry well. In particular, many of the staff at our Wichita branch are industry veterans with real-world experience. Using Infor CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine), we have helped our customers implement solutions for the following:
- Material lot trace-ability and source inspection
- First article and engineering controls (design- and manufacturer-to-order)
- Multiple OEM replenishment methodologies
- ECNs and multiple concurrent revision builds
- Payment by shipping document, not by invoice
- Project management for customer and internal development projects
Using CPQ Software to Shorten Lead Times in Aerospace & Defense
We all know that aerospace and defense (A & D) companies have invented many technologies that have changed the way we live, from the Internet to the GPS, from virtual reality to digital photography. Behind the scenes, however, A & D business processes are nowhere near as advanced as the technologies those industries have developed. The way that A & D companies configure and price their built-to-order products, from a ship to a plane, is still cumbersome and often highly manual.
Thankfully, this situation is changing due to rules-based technologies that help expedite and fine-tune processes. Today’s configure-price-quote (CPQ) solutions, in particular, can simplify, automate, and speed the process of configuration, bidding, and estimating delivery.